We have been proudly serving Michigan for 70 years. In fact, today is our birthday! To celebrate, the Rx Optical way, we wanted to share some fun facts about our employees, company and history.
Did you know?
1. We are in over 53 locations statewide. Just recently we opened a new Ann Arbor and Breton Village location. Catch all the details on our Facebook page.
2. Our first location was in the Kalamazoo State Theatre building on South Burdick Street.
3. Our founding partners were, Charles W. Kruizenga, D.W. Ripley and Neil Ruimveld. Together they had over 70 years of experience.
4. Our fleet is Ford powered. Not only are we locally owned and operated we are also proud to support Michigan’s automotive industry.
5. All of our glasses are made locally at our lab in Kalamazoo. Remember Dave?
6. Our first expansion happened in 1969 when we added a second location.
7. We have our very own Rx Optical Academy where we train all of our opticians to design and fit eyewear. We make sure you get the perfect fit every time.
8. We go the extra step of requiring our opticians to be ABO (American Board of Opticianry) Certified. This is not required by the State of Michigan but we want our opticians to be the best of the best.
9. Each year we celebrate our anniversary with an awards banquet to honor our associates. We hand out Service and Above and Beyond awards to those who have truly embraced the Rx Optical mission.
From our beginning in 1947 in Kalamazoo, we have expanded at a measured pace, never interested in sacrificing our commitment to our patients to a demand for growth. Steady and sure, our steps forward have come when we could afford to responsibly commit to cities and towns which were being underserved – markets where patient names had become numbers. That’s where we have always seen the opportunity to instill care and value back into a service and products that we see as pretty darn important to the lives of our patients.
As we embrace our 70th year in business, we would like to sincerely thank you from the bottom of our heart. We are here because of you and for that we could not be more grateful.